Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I'll infect you with the back of my hand!"

oh Sealab never ceases to crack me up...
so seeing as I won't be around until after the 4th, how's about a brief update:
Past couple weeks have been full of labor intensive work, a co-worker bbq , road trip to vegas, and more labor intensive work. Taylor and I even scored some free tickets to a concert last night and danced the night away. It's all been tiring but fun (except the poison oak...not fun). After another 4 days of camping and morning-til-night surveying, Taylor and I will be off to Quincy for 5 days of the High Sierra Music Festival. I'm psyched for many reasons: having a chunk of time off to let my body recouperate, music and dancing, and reuniting with friends from across the country. Other exciting news regards my plans for the rest of the year. I'm awaiting feedback from an interview for grad school in New Mexico starting this fall and also have applied to a wildlife gig in Tallahassee, FL as a fall-back option. I'd be glad to land either one, but the bright, shiny glory of higher-degreeness beckons me. The life of a wildlife tech is a fascinating one, yes, but it is a life of financial struggle. A master's degree and a permanent position with state wildlife management would be the doorway to at least a meager amount of stability. Either way at least I have spending time with this --> to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tallahassee would be good. It's only about 4 hours from us and we could come and annoy you on weekends and eat terrible pizza. Fun times.

Good luck, no matter where you end up.
Bryan