Monday, October 13, 2008

The leaves aren't turning, but it feels like fall

My posts have been sparse as of late. I attribute this mainly to a lack of interesting things to share with you fine people. School has been picking up, I have a test and a presentation coming up this week and next which I have no complaints about. I've embraced any and all distractions from counting down the days until Taylor's arrival in Lubbock (12 days now). The weather has finally cooled off and clouds and rain have appeared in a patchy manner. It has been a welcomed change and my free time activities have shifted in accord with the fall atmosphere. More baking, more movies and more soft blankets have worked their way into my schedule. Sadly, white sox baseball departed earlier than I had hoped but it was an exciting conclusion to the season nonetheless. Plenty to look forward to as the months roll along: Taylor's visit of course, but also a trip to Colorado to see Sheri during Thanksgiving break, being home for Christmas and then a very possible trip to Tallahassee to spend time with Taylor and his folks, whose company I enjoy immensely.

As for today being Columbus day, let me rant for a moment. Taylor brought up a good point, saying Columbus is not exactly the kind of historical figure that should be heralded as the poster boy for Italian pride. Personally, I nominate Galileo or Leonardo Da Vinci as two of the most brilliant Italians to have ever graced existence. (speaking of Da Vinci that reminds me, I've been meaning to read the book "The Science of Leonardo"...it will have to wait until I'm done reading "The World Without Us.")

As far as updates go, I'm spent. I'll post a snippet from my presentation here next week. Be prepared to learn more about Texas horned lizards than you ever cared to.

No comments: