Thursday, August 28, 2008

"thanks but no thanks"...I do love Bill

oh where to start...
As of Tuesday of last week I have departed Arnold, CA and embarked on the journey to Lubbock, TX. On the way, there was too brief a night spent in the Mojave National Preserve (it kills me to stay in a place and not explore), some delightful thai lunch in Flagstaff and an Albuquerque Isotopes game, grand slam victory and all. Then things got a tad hectic as I arrived midday in Lubbock, unpacked, stocked up on groceries, and packed for a weekend of camping in the field. A mere 5 more hours in the car and I was tracking Texas horned lizards by friday afternoon. Met quite an interesting fellow on Saturday who is allowing us free passage to search for lizards on his 800 acres of land, which is inspirationally being restored out of his own pocket. Things died down and I've been getting to know the layout of Lubbock, the five floors of books at the TTU library (score!) and their massive rec center (double score!). The DNC has kept me company at night, along with my very awesome roommates and Bella the american bull dog. I don't have my own functioning computer yet but once I do, pictures will follow. Missing everyone of course, especially Taylor but I'm happy to have alot to keep me occupied and my brain stimulated. I'll post as updates come.

No comments: