Monday, September 29, 2008

Decided to get away this weekend and boy was I glad for it. Two hours North is a State park called Palo Duro Canyon, which is supposedly the second largest next to the Grand Canyon (where I have been as well). To be honest, I preferred Palo Duro but that could be because my time at the Grand Canyon was short lived and the 10,000ft elevation sickness I felt was needless to say an unpleasant sensation. You may think camping alone to be...well, lonely. Personally, I prefer a quiet, reflective hike as opposed to socialization. I focus on my breathing, my movement, the surroundings...there's too much stimulus without adding an additional need to hold a conversation. In light of this thought, let me allow you to peruse this weekend's photos as I bid a fond adieu.

No comments: