Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mangia!

I've mentioned that lately cooking has been my self-prescribed therapy for loneliness. And let me say, it has been incredibly effective; plus, there's a delicious meal at the end! I mainly depend on recipes except when it comes to tomato sauce, then I just go all out. So far I've made things like gnocchi with peas in a mushroom cream sauce, strawberry balsamic grilled chicken and brown rice, a tofu stir-fry with peanut sauce, and last night was homemade whole wheat pumpkin ravioli and roasted asparagus in a wild mushroom broth (the tastiness in the picture). This one was really fun to make and seeing as I put so much work into it, I shared it with my roommates. I've decided to take pictures from now on because even if I'm eating alone, I still fuss over the presentation. Might as well capture the display via camera.

1 comment:

sherbieface said...

If you're going to post about food, and then put pictures like that, you really need to supply us with your recipes.

And check out thepioneerwoman.com for some delicious (and mostly unhealthy) ranch wife cooking. I've never had anything bad! Also, A year in the kitchen is a blogspot blog from my friend Ashlee. She cooks uber healthy and delicious if you need some ideas. =)